1. What types of activities are included in the Memory n Motion kit? Answer...
2. Can Memory n Motion be considered an exercise program? Answer...
3. What comes in the Memory n Motion kit? Answer...
4. Do I need a computer or internet access to use Memory n Motion? Answer...
5. How does Memory n Motion actually help me function better? Answer...
6. Do I need to purchase more than one Memory n Motion kit if more than one person is going to use it? Answer...
7. How long do I need to use Memory n Motion? Answer...
There are nine physical exercises that we suggest you do once a day. The majority of the physical activities take about two minutes each to complete.
Three activities work specifically with short term memory or eye function. These activities are done one to two times each day and can be completed in two, eight-minute sessions.
The final activity involves listening to audio books and is recommended for 30+ minutes a day.
Please see the Activities and Benefits Chart for more information about these activities.
2. There are specific brain organizing activities within Memory n Motion which would compare to a moderate exercise program. While most adults do not have health problems that would prevent them from doing this program, a doctor may offer special safety tips for those recovering from surgery, with uncontrolled health problems or with chronic conditions such as heart disease, arthritis or diabetes. Always check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
An Instructional DVD showing all the activities
The NeuroDevelopmental Approach DVD
An instruction book
A quick reference chart for the activities
A re-usable tracking sheet to track your daily activities
Two computer-based brain training games to improve auditory and visual short term memory
All necessary tools for daily activities
4. Internet access is not needed to work with the Memory n Motion program however computer access is needed for the daily brain training games which improve auditory and visual short term memory.
Computer Requirements for the auditory and visual processing computer games: Win: Windows 98/Me, NT 4.0/2000 or XP; Pentium 233 MHz processor; 64 MB RAM; 20 MB free hard drive space; 4X CD-Rom; 16-bit windows compatible sound card. Mac: Mac OS 9.2 or later; PowerPc G3 233 MHz processor; 64 MB free RAM; 20 MB free hard drive space; 4X CD-Rom Drive
Not compatible with Mac Lion or newer.
5. The best way to describe how Memory n Motion helps is to have you understand a special feature in the brain; it’s called neuroplasticity. This neuroplasticity provides a way for the brain to change, repair or even create new connections. The brain is made up of 3% cell bodies, and 97% connections. When you increase the connections, you increase function! The way this happens is by working in harmony with this special feature, neuroplasticity, in the brain. When you stimulate it very specifically, the appendages of the brain cells (dendrites) begin to grow and branch which ultimately creates stronger connections or what is called neuro-pathways (new highways in the brain to carry impulses from brain cell to brain cell and from brain to body).
Memory n Motion provides the brain stimulating activities which build these neuro-pathways. The end result is more organized thoughts, accelerated short term memory skills, better long term retention of information which leads to an increase in self-confidence.
6. No, Memory n Motion is geared for use by multiple individuals. The only limitation in using Memory n Motion with more than one individual is that the computer software used to improve auditory and visual short term memory is licensed for up to five individuals.
7. We suggest using Memory n Motion for at least four months. Once your progress shows you functioning at a “typical” level, continue the activities one to five times a week to keep in top “neuro-shape.”