1. Is everything I need in the ELF kit? Answer...
2. What comes in the ELF kits? Answer...
3. How will I access training for the NeuroDevelopmental activities? Answer...
4. Do I need computer or internet access to accomplish the program? Answer...
5. It looks like I can purchase the majority of the kit contents shown on the store for less than for the kit price. Why is this? Answer...
6. How much lesson planning is required to use ELF? Answer...
7. If I have questions as I am working with ELF, is there someone who will assist me? Answer...
8. How much time can I anticipate spending doing Early Learning Foundations (ELF) activities with my child? Answer...
1. Each ELF kit has everything needed to teach one student math for a full academic school year. The student book is all that is needed to use the program for additional students.
One ELF Teacher’s Manual
One ELF Student Workbook
Online access to learn the brain training and math activities
Online access for input sessions (ELF 2 & 3 only)
Tools necessary to implement the program.
ELF Level 2 comes with Rapid Recall Double Book Addition which equates to 28 weeks of supplementary materials for addition math facts mastery.
ELF Level 3 includes Rapid Recall Addition (regular book) and Rapid Recall Subtraction which equates to a full school year of supplemental math facts mastery focus.
Full product details...
3. Easy to follow directions and video training for NeuroDevelopmental activities as well as any additional teacher instructions are located at: www.EarlyLearningFoundations.com A password to this site is given in the Early Learning Foundations Teacher’s Guide.
4. High speed Internet is required to access teacher instructions, activity training for all levels and short (less than 10 minutes) student auditory and visual input sessions (Level 2 and 3 only) where students are taught math skills with the three keys to learning - frequency, intensity and duration.
5. The kit contents (available separately on the store) are simply the tools needed to complete the activities in the ELF program. The greatest value of ELF is delivered through the Teacher’s Guide that directs the brain stimulating activities (physical and academic) that produce a skillful life-long learner. Access for the teacher training is through the Early Learning Foundations website. This site also includes access to the auditory and visual input sessions for the students in Level 2 & 3. These online sessions supply the necessary amount of frequency so the child is introduced to the information with short, intense inputs for efficient learning.
6. The ELF Teacher’s Guide has a weekly checklist included which takes away the lesson planning component. The majority of pre-planning time is used learning the new activity (one new every other week) and reading to present a new concept (clearly laid out in the Teacher’s Guide).
7. Yes, we are committed to your success and willing to assist you with any questions or concerns. Little Giant Steps has created a Facebook page for each of the Early Learning Foundations products. This is a great way to keep up to date with product changes and keep in touch with others using the product. You may also contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time for product questions or concerns.
8. Typically 1 hour each day, five days a week is all that is needed to complete the brain training, math input sessions and workbook pages that make up the ELF program. It is not necessary to accomplish this in a single block of time but can be spread throughout the day.